(And how to get the best out of it!)
Late in 2017,the City of Adelaide collaborated with SA Power Networks, Mitsubishi Motors, Tesla and the Government of South Australia to launch the City of Adelaide Electric Vehicle Charging Hub.
Located at 109 Franklin Street (next to the Adelaide Central Bus Station) the Hub provides electric vehicle charging services for up to 8 vehicles.
Compatible with all current plug-in electric vehicle models, the Hub is equipped with the following: 4 charging points (+ 4 Tesla charging points)
- UPark: Central Market – 11 charging points
- UPark: Rundle – 11 charging points
- UPark: Wyatt – 4 charging points (Available for dedicated use as permanent reserve bays)
- UPark: Topham – 4 charging points (Available for dedicated use as permanent reserve bays)
- UPark: Grote – 2 charging points (15 amp)
- Light Square, Adelaide – 2 charging points
- Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide – 2 charging points
- Jerningham Street, North Adelaide – 2 charging points
To reduce trip and electrical hazards when not in use, the City of Adelaide Fast Chargers (AC 22kW) use a ‘bring your own cable’ model. You will need a cable with a Universal Cable as per the picture the two products below.