The unit itself is top quality, very robust and reliable and the cable is also very flexible and able to be easily coiled up for storage in your boot. It has Level 2 charging at up to 15amps (or 3.3kw) which is much quicker than EVSEs usually supplied with EVs by the dealer that may only charge at 8-10A maximum. It is also excellent value by comparison to main dealer offerings. The unit comes with either a Type 1/J1772 or Type 2/Mennekes connector.
It is RCM and Electrical Safety compliant where most overseas products are not and if so you are not insured. IP54 rated, it can be mounted outside though we recommend an enclosure to protect your investment.
It comes standard with an Australian 15amp plug (larger earth pin) so an adaptor and breaker may be required for use on some domestic circuits. There is also an option to select CEE 16-6 plug type for NZ.
Product Video –
Independent Review By Unplugged EV Channel –
- Type 1/J1772 or Type 2/Mennekes connector and cable
- Level 2 charging at up to 15 amps (or 3.3kw)
- Up to 3.6kw charging rate or approx. 15-20km of range per hour
- Detailed charging information via the LCD screen
- 5 metres cable length
- Premium and robust product
- 2 Years Warranty
- Auto Charging recovery (in the event of power disruption)
- Selectable Charge Rate between 6, 10 and 15 amps
- Over Current protection
- IEC 62196 and 61861 compliant
- IP54 rated
Should you need any more information on how chargers work and what each charge rate gives click here.