In the past, AC chargers have been the most cost effective way of installing charging infrastructure. However, as they are also restricted by the onboard components of electric vehicles, a DC fast charger is more appropriate. Charging from flat to 80% in around 30 minutes, a DC fast charger connects directly to the battery of the EV, speeding up the process.
We are proud to design, supply, install and manage Tritium Veefil and our very own Cylon 32 electric vehicle DC fast chargers. Both are innovative units, and both are home-grown Australian designed products. From initial contact to successful delivery, the EVolution Australia team will manage your entire project at a single, handful or multiple sites across Australia and New Zealand.
- The fastest type of charge available
- Ideal for transit routes
- Very attractive drawcard for most EV customers
- Easy charge back for electricity usage
- May require infrastructure upgrades
- Not all PHEVs or EV can take advantage of this charging method
- Significantly more expensive to buy and install
- Internet connectivity required
- Ongoing run, subscriptions and maintenance costs